Twitter/Instagram

IG: arabian_punchfront
Twitter: @iridescent_blog


Saturday, November 7, 2015

50 Gymnastics Questions

So I was going through tumblr, and found this post that has been going around the gymternet. I thought it would be fun if I answered the questions on here!

  • 1 A beam combo you'd love to see?
  • Back handspring stepout - back handspring - layout full 
  • 2 Ponytails or buns? Ribbons or scrunchies?
  • Definitely buns! and I'm not sure. I like both, but probably scrunchies. 
  • 3 Top five current gymnasts on each apparatus?
  • Vault: Simone Biles, Hong Un Jong, Giulia Steingruber, Mykayla Skinner, Maria Paseka
  • Bars: Viktoria Komova, Ashton Locklear, Daria Spiridonova, Madison Kocian, Shang Chunsong 
  • Beam: Simone Biles, Eythora Thorsdottir, Alyssa Baumann, Bai Yawen, Larisa Iordache
  • Floor: Simone Biles, Aly Raisman, Claudia Fragapane, Eythora Thorsdottir, Ellie Black
  • 4 Favorite Texas Dreams gymnast?
  • Ragan Smith!
  • 5 Layout stepouts or layouts to two feet?
  • Layouts to two feet, as along as they're not piked.
  • 6 Which 12 countries do you think will qualify teams to Rio?
  • USA, Russia, China, Great Britain, The Netherlands, Canada, Italy, Japan (already qualified)
  • Romania, Belgium, Australia, Germany
  • 7 What bothers you more - crossed legs or cowboying?
  • Cowboying. But I guess it depends on how badly crossed the legs are. 
  • 8 Plain and consistent, or beautiful and headcasey?
  • Beautiful and headcasey
  • 9 Do you think Cata will come back again?
  • I really hope she'll be healthy and ready for test event/rio!
  • 10 Favorite set of gym siblings? (think the Baumanns, the Caquatti, etc.)
  • Ellie and Rebecca Downie or Leike and Sanne Wevers!
  • 11 Sloan, Mustafina, Wieber or Douglas?
  • That's hard.. but probably Mustafina
  • 12 Bross, Jiang or Komova?
  • Komova, but I also loved Bross.
  • 13 Best gymnast of all time?
  • I would have to go with Simone Biles. 
  • 14 Which team do you think will place 5th at worlds?
  • Before Worlds I would've gone with Great Britain. But Japan ended up actually placing fifth.
  • 15 Side somis or wolf turns?
  • I don't like either... but I'll go with side somis
  • 16 Favorite bars release?
  • Defs for sure! (full twisting gienger)
  • 17 Routine(s) you could never get tired of watching?
  • Currently, Simone Biles on floor. But I'll always love Beth Tweddle and He Hexin on bars.  
  • 18 Acro or rhythmic?
  • Both are absolutely amazing! But if I had to choose, Acro.
  • 19 Recommend five tumblr gym blogs to follow.
  • doublearabianfront (mine lol), my-bff-nastia, nastiasliukin, papaliukin, jordynslefteyebrow
  • 20 Something you disagree with the majority of the gymternet on?
  • I love Mykayla Skinner, even if she needs to work on form. 
  • 21 Skill(s) you wish we saw more of?
  • layout fulls on beam, illusion turns, layout jaegers, double fronts 
  • 22 Favorite shaposh variaton?
  • Chow half or Komova II
  • 23 One piece of gymnastics history you would rewrite?
  • Honestly I have know idea 
  • 24 Khorkina or Pavlova?
  • Probably Khorkina
  • 25 Best beamworker of all time?
  • Yang Bo or Shannon Miller. But I loved Shawn Johnson's skills. 
  • 26 Result(s) this year that you disagree with?
  • I love Maria Paseka on vault, but I think Hong Un Jong should've won the gold at worlds. 
  • 27 Do you mind seeing tank leos in competition?
  • I prefer long sleeved leos
  • 28 Favorite Soviet gymnast?
  • Elena Mukhina
  • 29 Should someone be able to medal with a fall?
  • No
  • 30 Which country has the best leos?
  • China's leos at worlds this year were gorgeous. I also like USA'S when their patriotic. 
  • 31 2015 seniors you're looking forward to?
  • I don't know much about the juniors from other countries. But I'm looking forward to Ragan Smith and Laurie Hernandez becoming seniors! 
  • 32 Do you think Simone will go pro or compete for UCLA?
  • I would've loved to see her at UCLA, but she already went pro. 
  • 33 Who will get the bars/beam spot on the U.S. team this year?
  • It ended up going to Madison Kocian/Gabby Douglas. But in Rio, I think it'll either be Gabby or Kyla Ross (I reallyyy want her back)
  • 34 WOGA or Chow's?
  • WOGA
  • 35 Who was your favorite gymnast when you began following the sport?
  • Aly Raisman 
  • 36 Should the Produnova vault be banned?
  • I don't think it should be banned. I would love to see someone in the future compete it, and land on their feet. But I don't agree with gymnasts competing and not landing it/risking their lives. 
  • 37 Favorite Ukrainian gymnast?
  • Lilia Podkapayeva
  • 38 Double arabians or double fronts?
  • Double Fronts
  • 39 Best and worst commentators?
  • Tim Daggett and Al Trautwig are the worst. Elfi Schlegel is also bad. Amanda Borden isn't bad, and I actually really like Nastia Liukin commentating. 
  • 40 Why is your favorite gymnast your favorite?
  • I have way too many favorite gymnasts to choose one. But I like them because of their style of gymnastics. 
  • 41 Overall thoughts on Commonwealths and Classics?
  • Classics went as expected with Simone winning gold again. But Kyla breaks my heart. I'm pretty sure there were no Commonwealths this year. 
  • 42 Favorite bars dismount?
  • Double layouts of full twisting DLOs 
  • 43 Favorite beam dismount?
  • I love double fronts, even though we rarely see them. I also like triple twists and the Patterson, when done nicely. 
  • 44 Do you think the Brazilian girls will pick up some medals in Rio?
  • I would like them to, but as of right now, I don't think so. 
  • 45 Least favorite skill on each apparatus?
  • Vault: There aren't any vaults I don't like. But I guess Produnovas since no one can land them currently. 
  • 46 Favorite NCAA team?
  • Ohh that's hard.. Probably Stanford or Michigan though! 
  • 47 Ivana Hong or Alicia Sacramone?
  • Probably Alicia Sacramone
  • 48 British, Chinese or Russian bars?
  • No that's too hard. I love the british because of their innovative skills, but then the Russians and Chinese have exquisite form and gorgeous bar workers.
  • 49 2015 AA Champ?
  • Worlds is already over, but obviously Simone. 
  • 50 Favorite senior gymnast currently competing?
  • I have a lot.  Larisa Iordache, Aliya Mustafina, Simone Biles, Roxana Popa, and Maggie Nichols are probably my top favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment